Nov. 1, 2016
Winners of 2016 International Pearl Design Competition
The highest honor awarded to a design that unanimously captivated judges as the best of the best.
Illusion by Alexia Gryllaki of Athens, Greece
Given to the entry that is judged most marketable of all the entries in the competition. This design will have the most overall appeal for the retail marketplace.
Yes or No By Wei-Na Tu of Taipei City, Taiwan
Given to the entry that takes pearls to the far corners of the imagination and beyond.
Given to the entry that best illustrates the spectrum of pearl colors in the most beautiful way.
The award given to the entry that would inspire a newfound affinity in someone for cultured pearls.
Sizing Up Shapes By Kuan-Chen Hou of Taipei City, Taiwan
The entry that re-defines the iconic pearl strand and shifts the perception of cultured pearls for today’s buyer.
Candies By Ting-Ju Lin of Taipei, Taiwan
Fashion Award I
Fashion Award II
Fun, fresh, and modern—a design which looks as if it came straight from a Paris runway.
Spiral Revolution Earrings By Geoffrey Middle of Leicestershire, England
Wedding Day Pearls
Brides and pearls are synonymous. Create a fantasy wedding theme with pearls.
Dancing with the Stars By Shin Yue Chen of Taipei City, Taiwan
A conceptual, aspirational design that could be prohibitive to fabricate.
Splash & Love By Indika Wijayarathna of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Commendations were also given to pieces from 12 entrants.
- Jorge Adeler of Great Falls, Va.
- Paula Crevoshay of Albuquerque, N.M.
- Aspen Demirdjian of Los Angeles
- Hector Hassey of The Woodlands, Texas
- Chi Huynh, Galatea Jewelry by Artist of San Dimas, Calif.
- Michael Jensen of Rio Rancho, N.M.
- Patrick King of Durham, N.C.
- Elizabeth Kirby of Harbor Springs, Mich.
- Francesco Lops of Dubai, UAE
- Mark Schneider of Long Beach, Calif.
- Hisano Shepherd of Los Angeles
- Saul Waxman of Miami